Today is the day! I shook out 3 of the 4 (still waiting on 1 in the mail) capsules that I've been recommended to take. (2 probiotics and an antibiotic booster) They didn't smell bad, and they weren't too big. So, down the hatch!
Today is my husband's birthday. I got up early, to start making breakfast. Man... my bones weren't complying. Achy knees, sore back and hips. It felt like my leg muscles were each attached to mini weights. It felt as if each step I was moving through thick mud up to my thighs. But I had to persevere. So I maneuvered slowly around the kitchen as I made the family some pancakes. I was tired of my usual breakfasts so I tried something new too.
BREAKFAST I tried making some pancakes with coconut flour and chia egg substitute. They were... weird, to say the least. The chia just keeps absorbing liquid, and the batter just wouldn't "pour". So I had to drop it by spoonfuls and mash it into a circle-like shape. It had a strange texture, and a nutty flavor. Reminded me of Nutella! I topped it with some frozen blueberries that I microwaved and added stevia to. Then I blended it with a hand blender into a syrup. Definitely an aquired taste, but palatable.
LUNCH Just a simple salad. Spinach and romaine lettuce. With my homemade dressing and topped with seeds. (Plus a probiotic)
After lunch, I took the husband out to a local Vineyard for a wine tasting. Good thing I'm not a wine drinker. But it was difficult staying away from all the wonderful cheeses offered there! Any time I go out anywhere, I make sure to take foods that I can eat, so I don't get the urge to cheat! A tangerine and a piece of gum did the trick.
DINNER Since we were out and about, we went to the store and I picked up some fresh soup from the deli. It was veggie soup, and I could eat everything in it except the corn. Another probiotic and antibiotic booster


No comments:
Post a Comment