Monday, February 6, 2017

DAY 12 (Day 3 meds)


Sliced Banana with shredded coconut
and cashew butter with honey
Can I tell you, this diet stuff is CONFUSING!!  The paper my Dr. gave me has a list of YES/NO foods.  The website he recommended has some almost completely OPPOSITE YES/NO foods.  My husband is tearing his hair out while I try to decipher it all!!  I'm reading,reading,reading so much on it, I may have a PhD in SIBO by the time I'm done with this!!  All that being said, I'm not changing much.

Chia seeds are still gross, yet I still eat them.  Coconut milk is yummier than almond milk.  By the way, almond milk is kind of grey.  Not what I was expecting!  Coconut milk reminds me of that creamy goodness I used to drink when I was a kid, and didn't have to watch my cholesterol, and fat intake, etc.  I found out that I love coconut, and not just when it's drowned in chocolate...Mmmmmm chocolate...... NO!! WAKE UP!!! Sorry... lost myself for a minute there...


As far as pain goes, today, I am still blessed by being pretty pain free!  Hallelujah!  My husband always takes the day off after the superbowl (it's also always around his birthday), so we sat around and watched the kind of TV shows that you can't watch when the kids are around.

Shout out to all my Fibro Facebook Followers! If it wasn't for all of your likes and comments, I may not have the willpower to continue this 180 degree diet change!  I know that I'm doing it for my health, but it sure helps to know that someone out there may benefit from what I have to offer!!

BREAKFAST Smoothie with 1/2 a banana, cranberries, frozen cherries, frozen blueberries, chia seeds, stevia, and coconut milk.  My best one yet!! It was the coconut milk for sure!

SNACK  Check out that banana goodness picture!  Heavenly.  For real.  And filling too!

LUNCH  Not a SALAD!!  I had some celery, so I washed and chopped, and filled those lovely troughs with cashew butter.  Then I stuck some granola on top.  Yep. Yum.  Even the hubby went in for seconds on these sticks of crunchy goodness.

DINNER I was craving something... different.  What I REALLY wanted was spaghetti. Wait a minute!! I can make some zucchini noodles and pour spaghetti sauce over! NO! Lol, the canned sauce I use has sugar.  So, The organic diced tomatoes I had had no preservatives and only tomatoes as the ingredients, so I pureed them with my hand blender.  I added in a couple scoops of pureed pumpkin as well (try it!).  Chia seeds for protein, garlic, cumin, fresh basil, italian seasonings, salt, and a splash of red wine finished it off.  Oh yea... all it was missing was a big fat chunk of sourdough bread....  MMmmmm bread...  I'll dream of you tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment