Friday, February 10, 2017

DAY 16 (day 7 meds)

IT'S BAAACK!!  Oh the pain.  My hips and knees and back.  My hips feel like I spent all day in the gym, on leg day, all day.  My knees "pop" in and out with spurts.  My back, well, it's just a pain. With fibro, stressful situations can set off a flare-up.  Last night, both my husband and my fathers are having health issues.  Not life-threatening (God willing), but stressful, none the less.  Something in the brain triggers this response every time.  For me, anytime I cry, the next day I pay for it!  I don't know how fixing a bacterial infection in my gut will affect that part of the disease.  I sure am curious about it, though!  "They" say that it might, so here's hoping!!

So, wish me luck.  Tomorrow I begin taking the pill that eradicates the biofilm that is protecting the bad bacteria in my gut.  Greaaaat.  Let the games begin.  This is supposed to HURT.... WHEE!!! It's okay.  I'll be okay.  Got my bananas, my seeds, my kids to take care of me for 2 days. (Husband is flying out to see his dad).  I also made this fantastic soup to last me a few meals too (see DINNER!)

BREAKFAST  I had an applesauce cup with muffin crumble topping! No coffee today, I was feeling dehydrated, so I just had water.

LUNCH  After my Costco trip, walking around for an hour with horrible hips and legs, I was just too tired to whip up something good. I had some celery, dipped in cashew butter, dipped in granola.  Win.  

Interesting thing about that Costco trip.  I noticed that my fibro fog was back full on too.  During this diet, I have been clear headed.  But this flare put an abrupt stop to this.  I wandered 3 aisles 3 times each trying to buy 3 items.  It was pathetic.  Luckily a friend was with me today, to continually guide me!! God bless friends who understand.

DINNER  I had a fitful nap.  Just couldnt get comfortable.  Not even in the fat papasan chair in the sun.  But that little bit of down time gave me enough energy to throw together an amazing soup.  It was inspired by the grocery store soup, but I kind of blew theirs out of the water!!  I sauteed some onions, carrot slices, celery and cauliflower in olive oil.  Then I added veggie stock, diced tomatoes, black beans kidney beans, zucchini, and squash.  Half of the red beans and tomatoes, I pureed.  Oh, and I also added pumpkin! To spice it up, I used salt, garlic, celery salt, cumin and tumeric.  Tumeric is suppoed to be really great for fibro warriors.  Only thing is, it turned my lovely soup a weird shade of, well,,,, see the picture..lol.  I chopped some fresh cilantro on top.  All it needed was cheese. And bread.  A huge chunk of sourdough bread.  With butter....MMMmmmmm .......no no NO!! bad girl, bad girl! You can do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment