Thursday, January 26, 2017

DAY 2

Woke up feeling pretty good! Had a bit of a headache last night, but I'm sure I'm having sugar withdrawals.  (It's a thing... Google it!) I've been off my meds for 2 days now, and haven't felt a big difference in pain so... YAY!!

BREAKFAST - I guess I better start using those nice ingredients I bought yesterday, so I'm gonna try a smoothie. Blueberries, half a banana, some Chia seeds and almond milk for protein. I didn't realize at the store that the almond milk doesn't really have much protein. I'll look next time at the coconut milk and cashew milk to see if I can get more protein from them...

BREAKFAST UPDATE!! So I had to modify the smoothie.  I haven't ever had almond milk before.  And Chia seeds are stronger than gorilla glue.  Man, you add some water to those babies, and they swell up and stick together forever.  I may have to invest in a sandblaster to get them out of this cup...
So after blending and tasting... well, it was very.... nutty. Maybe an aquired taste.  So I added a packet of Truvia (which is an allowed sweetener made from the stevia leaf) and some crushed ice to make it go down easier.  It's not so bad now!!  







SNACK  I had a tasty honeycrisp apple, sliced up thin with lemonjuice and salt on it.  Just like Dad used to eat them.

2nd SNACK? PRE-LUNCH?  Lol... I was hungry! What??!  So I downed a little mixture of sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.  Found out I'm not as fond of the pumpkin, which is okay cause they're like 5x more expensive!!

LUNCH  I had a beautiful salad that I whipped together with some fridge ingredients.  Some Spinach/spring lettuce, red onions, sun dried tomatoes, Japanese cucumbers, sunflower seeds and aged balsalmic vinegar.

2 things: Nightshade plants are known to cause inflammation in some people, and some diets tell you to stay away from them. I don't have a problem with them.  Also, you have to watch out for vinegar.  Most of it is grain derived.  This particular one comes from grape mush...

But here comes the headache......  My poor brain needs some SUGAR!! I can tell i'm doing well when the headaches come.  2 more days and the headaches should be cleared out.  Strange how you can become addicted to the white sweetness of wonder!

SNACK half a tangerine

DINNER a lovely bowl of greens, black beans, cilantro, lime, and avocado. With a little salsa. Yum!

1 comment: