Saturday, January 28, 2017

DAY 4

SUCCESS!!!  I made it over the sugar hangover hill!!  No more pounding headaches!  Took less time than usual, actually.  (Yes, this is not my first time going sugar free).  Woke up nice and naturally again today!  Had a quick shower; the lower back was complaining and groaning this AM, but the hot water fought its way into the stiff muscles there, and I overcame!

SHOUT OUT TO MY SUPPORT GROUPS!

Fighting fibro (or any other invisible disease, for that matter) is difficult.  Often, no one understands you, even health care professionals.  Family and friends feel helpless or deny what is going on.  Please just know, to all those who support me, you are SO appreciated!!  I have a great Dr. now (after trial and error of many).  My family now understands that it's "make your own dinner night" if I'm passed out on the couch at 5PM. My friends check up on me.  The places where I volunteer know that when I say I need a break, that I really mean it.  Even the Fibro Facebook Groups that I follow are a huge source of wisdom, advice, and more importantly, a listening ear, when no-one else is available. If you are suffering, hug your support people today!  If you're that support person, THANK YOU. If you're unsure about someone in your life who is suffering, get educated.  There's nothing nicer than someone doing some research, and understanding what you're facing.

BREAKFAST   Return to smoothie!  Banana, blueberries, blackberries, chia seeds, almond milk, and a little stevia and ice.  Yum!!  I made it extra large, because Saturday is GAME DAY for my son's basketball team!  They won! 50-28.  After all that cheering, I thought I'd be exhausted. But, the only thing I was was starving!!  So quickly, onto:

LUNCH   Turkey Wraps.  I grabbed a handful of spinach/spring lettuce, some paper thin slices of red onions, half an avocado, and wrapped that inside of a slice of free range, hormone free turkey.  A little salt, some balsamic for dippin, and voila! Quick and satisfying.  I was feeling a sweets craving right after, so I peeled a beautiful honey tangerine.

CRASH! Yep, nap time... When the exhaustion sets in, I can sleep through most anything.  Even the neighbor boys coming over and playing Minecraft for an hour.  Sure, I should have dragged myself out of the double-wide papasan chair and went downstairs. But......can't....move..... 


SNACK  YAY Sunflower/pumpkin seed mix!  I cant stop eating the salty crunchy yummie guys...

REMEMBER:  WATER WATER WATER!!!  My Daughter constantly hands me a full water bottle to help my progress.  Thank you sweetie.

DINNER   The prospect of having another salad was daunting... so how about a cooked salad!!! lol.... I remember growing up how my friend talked me into eating the pile of wilted spinach that sat in the little square compartment of the cafeteria tray.  She said she loved it, as I watched her sprinkle vinegar on the top.  Well, if it works for Popeye...  So that was tonights inspiration.  A blast from the past.  Did you know, that when you take fresh baby spinach and cook it down, (I used a canola oil butter substitute), a whole pot turns into like 1/3 of a cup.  I kept adding, and adding.... It just took a few minutes until I had a nice little pile of green goodness.  I added a green onion, and some seeds for protein.  Paired up with thin slices of Honeycrisp apples with Himalayan pink salt on top... mmmmm.



No comments:

Post a Comment