Saturday, January 28, 2017

AS REQUESTED: Medications recommended by MY DOCTOR

ATTENTION!!!  I AM NOT YOUR DOCTOR!! 

Do not follow any protocol, unless instructed to do so by YOUR DOCTOR!!!

That being said, if you're interested in sharing what I'm doing with your Dr. Here's the list!!

Before I started this diet, my doctors had me trying different things for pain.  Different things work differently for different people, keep that in mind.  What did/didn't work for me may have opposite effects for you.  Fibromyalgia is a trial-by-error disease!!

The first med I was on was Tramadol.  Worked like a charm.  Except it made my face freeze in a weird seizure-like state when I began to fall asleep.  My husband playfully nick-named it the "angry rabbit".  I asked my (previous) doctor about it, and he said that was not a side effect.  I found a blog online that had a whole troop of people who had experienced the same symptom while using it. So I stopped.  Remember your Mom telling you, "don't make that ugly face, it may stick that way".  Well, I didn't want mine to stick, so I switched!

The second med I was on was Celexa. It made me stay  up allll night.  No matter how early I took it in the morning.

The next doctor wanted me to try Low Dose Naltrexone.  It has to be compounded at a special pharmacy.  It worked almost immediately with very little side effects (some stomach upset in the middle of the night for a few days).  I was on that until my Dr. asked me to start this diet.  I asked him if I could go off of the meds for the purpose of this blog.  He agreed, and said that he often recommends patients wean off meds periodically.  (DO NOT DO THIS WITHOUT MEDICAL SUPPORT!)

So now, the meds I'm on are mostly natural herbals, and a couple antibiotics.

Womens Multi-Vitamin (from Melaleuca)
Digestive Enzymes
Antibiotic support
Thera-biotic
Lipoic Acid Bismuth (Antibiotic)
Tinidazole (Antibiotic)
Max Probiotic
GI Microbe-X
Allicillin

There is a complicated schedule for when/how all of these are taken... like rocket science!!  Different people's systems grow different types of bacteria.  This combo is for my particular brand of bacterial overgrowth!!

I'm willing to try all of this, because I no longer want to punish myself by adding pain and suffering to my life, solely by the nutrition mistakes I have made in the past.  I want to destroy that past sugar-holic, and live pain-free.  I am truly hoping that these changes not only affect me, but also my children and husband.  So that they don't end up unknowingly putting themselves in a similar situation.  so...   I'm FIXING MY FIBRO WITH FOOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment