GOOD MORNING!!
I am blessed! I woke up this morning naturally... No alarm clock, as both the kids have a teacher in-service day and therefore, no school. I am lucky. Most fibromyalgia sufferers have troubles sleeping. Not me. I can sleep from 9 to 9 if allowed! As I lay in bed, I do the check up: Ankles hurt? Nope. Legs hurt? A little twinge in the right knee. Not bad. Hips? Good. A little twinge in the right elbow, between the bones. Shoulders? Always that stiff/sore feeling in my neck and shoulders that never goes away. Like the saddlebags on my hips. Headache? Nope! Maybe I'm lucky and I'll not have a sugar hangover today!!
So I hop on out of bed, thinking about the chia seed pudding waiting for me in the fridge. I made it last night as it has to sit overnight before you eat it. I'm skeptical.
BREAKFAST Chia seed pudding with half a banana. My son promised that he would try it with me, so I called him in. Once he saw it, he quickly went back on his promise. It was a slimy, grayish bowl of goo. But it smelled good. I told him I can't do it without him. He needs to be my hero today... He actually tried it. By his face, it made me brave enough to try it too! Not bad! As long as you don't look at it while eating! I ended up eating off all the bananas, then warming it up in the microwave. No improvement. I'll be going back to smoothies tomorrow!
3 days off my pain meds, and so far, so good! I usually take LDN every night to manage my pain. I consulted my Dr. about going off while I was doing this diet, and he agreed. He also mentioned, that if I start to feel pain again, not to go too long off it, so I will take that into consideration. I can already feel my energy level rising, too. I didn't need a nap yesterday. Today, I'm venturing outside with the kids and the dog to the dog park! Wish me luck!!
Dog park success! Came home with a tired pooch, no dog poop on anyone's shoes, I got in some exercise, and the kids had fun!! I think my meds are still in my system, though, because I still don't feel like I need a nap! AND, I think i may make a Costco run, since my kid just informed me that we need dog food...TODAY. Before meds, I only scheduled 1 activity per day. Whether it be shopping, or volunteering. For me to have energy to do 2 things, well...!! Is the food affecting me already?? Maybe......?
SNACK ate a half cup of sunflower and pumpkin seeds and my go-to cup of applesauce
LUNCH See yesterday's dinner! I forgot how much I really enjoy eating healthy! I really love that bowl. I used to add corn, chips, and jalapenos to it too. Only 27 days till I get to add in some new foods!! I wonder what I'll try first. Probably cheese.. Mmmmmm cheese...
DINNER I had a slice of Wild Caught- Sockeye Salmon, in a garlic balsamic glaze, with a large slice of cantaloupe. Usually, I like salmon. Tonight's was fishy. My husband says that's because of the way I cooked it (ie: without a ton of butter and wine). I have one more piece to eat from the same fishy. Maybe I'll grill him...
Good News is, I'm still feeling great! Even my husband is noticing that I have more spunk than usual! Woo Hoo!!
DESSERT I have a hard time after dinner. I always crave something sweet. So I raided my husband's gum stash!! This is working, people!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment