Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Fix my Fibro With Food!

FIX ME WITH FOOD!!!

                                                           This is my pantry. The red circle
                                                           is what is allowable on this diet.
                                                           I hope this works...

Today, it begins. 8 weeks of eating like a caveman for my health.  Not to lose weight.  Not a fad diet.  Hopefully, to fix me.  My goal is to blog daily about the real struggles and triumphs of the effects of radically changing my eating habits.  8 weeks.  No sugar.  No bread.  No coffee.  No cheese.  No dairy.  Did I mention no sugar?  I may die.  If after a few days of reading this, and there's been no entries, have someone stop by my house to see if I am still among the living.

Okay, so, let me back up a little.  A little over a year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.  You can read more about it here.  Basically, its a condition, that after doing 143 blood tests (literally), many x-rays, months of different medicines and alternative therapies, that the doctors can't find anything wrong with you.  So they call it fibro. They say its often brought on by an emotional trigger.  I first started feeling pain the same month that our landlord gave us 45 days to move out, after being great tenants for 4 years.  Yes, I'd say that was an emotional time! 

So, after moving from there (Hawaii) to here (Oregon), I drove right by a fibromyalgia clinic!  I've been seeing him for a few months now.  I've been poked (acupuncture), prodded (chiropractic manipulations) and cupped (think Michael Phelps' weird bruises at the Olympics) by this man.  He had me poop into tiny cups, and breath into test tubes to try and figure out what could possibly be causing all these symptoms (of which there are over 200 symptoms. I have 96 of these).

Turns out, I have an explosion of bad bacteria hanging out with me in my guts called SIBO.  Said baddies are eating everything I'm eating, and in return, are giving me aches and pains, IBS, sore muscles, extreme fatigue, and other stuff.  Not to mention that the stuff I usually feed myself is so yummy.  By yummy, I mean bad for me.  Cookies, cake, candy, creamer with a touch of coffee. Processed this and that.  I always thought I was doing right by the family just by not going out to eat fast food all the time.  Turns out that sugar is poison, and there's some truth to the organic movement. (I'll be the judge of that!!)

So now, I have to murder these little gut monsters.  I have to starve them of their favorite foods (which happen to be my favorite foods) and take a bunch of antibiotics to get rid of them.  According to my new Dr., food has a huge impact on all of the autoimmune diseases.  An autoimmune disease is basically your body attacking itself.  So, I'm going to put it to the test, and let you all in on my world of radical diet change.

I'm going to be real here.  If it's working, I'll tell you. If it's not, I'll tell you that.  If I cheat, hold me accountable!!  I have a feeling its gonna get worse before it gets better. 

For those of you interested in the details of the diet, he has me on the Bio-reset Core Elimination Diet.  I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  He is, so if you want to do a radical change like this, go talk to YOUR doctor first.  See if its right for you.  Or, wait to see if I feel any better on this crazy ride I'm about to explore, then make your changes! 

Have a blessed day!
~Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment